Looking for a simple recipe that is also comfort food? Be sure to try this one out. I used a 10 quart crockpot for this recipe. If you do the vegetables the night before, be sure to put the carrots and potatoes in water. It would be best to separate these since they are layered in this recipe… however, they do all get mixed in eventually, so do what you feel is best.
- 2 lbs beef or mix it up – 1 lb beef or venison, 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 small onion (to add to meat when you brown it)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 6 potatoes – any kind, sliced thinly
- 5 cups sliced carrots
- 4 onions (or more if you like onions)
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 2 cans cream of chicken (or use any cream of whatever soup)
- *optional – smoked paprika, garlic salt, pepper
- Spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- If you haven’t prepared the vegetables, do that now – that way you can throw this all together at once.
- Peel the carrots and slice – I used a food processer, and ours were maybe 1/4 of an inch if I had to guess… maybe a little thicker. Add to water if you are needing them to sit a bit.
- For the onions, I cut in half and then sliced them thin with a knife. Set aside.
- Wash the potatoes and if you have a food processer, that would be best to slice the potatoes thin. If not, use a knife and be careful. Place potatoes in water if they are going to sit, so they don’t get brown.
- Brown the meat that you have in a skillet on the stove and add diced onion and the minced garlic. Once done, drain the grease and put half in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add half of the carrots.
- Add half of the onions.
- Add half of the potatoes – if you want to use smoked paprika, sprinkle on top (or any other seasonings you want to use).
- Add one can of tomato soup and spread over potatoes.
- Add one can of cream of chicken (or whichever cream of soup you are using). Spread over the tomato soup.
- Add the remaining meat mixture on top of the soups.
- Add the remaining carrots.
- Add the remaining onions.
- Add the remaining potatoes. I also sprinkled more smoked paprika on them as well.
- Add last can of tomato soup, spread over potatoes and last can of cream of chicken or cream of whichever soup you have on hand.
- Place cover on crockpot and turn on high for 3-4 hours.
- Once this starts to bubble, stir and as soon as the vegetables are tender, enjoy!
Looking for some ways to make extra money or earn gift cards? Check out the list below! Some links may be affiliate related, which earns me a bonus and possibly you as well!
ReceiptPal – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for gift cards
Receipt Hog – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for an Amazon gift card, PayPal payout, or Visa Prepaid card payout. You also can earn points to take surveys from the purchases made, and be rewarded spins when snapping at least one receipt every week! Since 2014, I have redeemed $160 worth of payouts.
iBotta – one of the first apps I used for rewards in 2013. This is a favorite of mine since you learn about so many new products out there… if you are wanting to try that new seasoning, why not get money back as well? Since 2013, I have earned $1,124.59.
Achievement– use a Fitbit or other type of tracker? Check out Achievement. It will count your steps and earn you points, which can be redeemed for an Amazon gift card.
Paidviewpoint – Do you love taking surveys, but not spending too much time doing so? This is a great one to join, if you haven’t already.
Fetch Rewards – Simply scan your receipt and receive points that can earn you amazon gift cards.
Inbox Dollars – Paid to click emails, surveys, money for certain items on receipts, and more!
Crowdtap – Some surveys are super quick to take – get points and redeem for gift cards.