I am a huge alfredo fan – however, I am not a fan of the canned sauces. The more you add to the sauce, the more preparation you need – keep that in mind! For this recipe, I only did a single batch of sauce and split it amongst the two noodles separately once they were done.
- 1 stick butter (I used unsalted)
- 1 block cream cheese (I used a lower fat cream cheese)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz block of parmesan cheese (I used the grated parmesan cheese shown in the picture and put probably close to a cup in there)
- Meats of your choice – I used kielbasa, chicken, shrimp
- Noodles of your choice – I used half of a box of Banza chickpea pasta and then I used regular penne noodles for the other family members who aren’t eating the chickpea noodles with me
- Put water in a pot and boil for the noodles.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Once melted, add the cream cheese – I’ll cube it up and then add it into the butter. Be careful while stirring, as this may splatter. It may look curdled, but please know that it will smooth out.
- Add the garlic salt and heavy cream. Stir well to combine.
- Add the chicken broth and stir well to combine. Your sauce may seem a bit runny – if you want to add more parmesan cheese, go for it.
- Set sauce aside off of the burner while you wait for the noodles to get done.
- If you are adding any other meats, now is the time to do that.
- Kielbasa – I will cut it in half and then cut it in bite size pieces, then brown in some olive oil before adding to the sauce.
- Chicken – I will marinade the chicken or use leftover chicken and dice up. If you are marinading the chicken, make sure you cook it until it’s at least 180 to fully ensure it being done.
- Shrimp – I ended up marinading the shrimp. They were raw, so when dinner was a lot closer to being ready, I cooked the shrimp so they could be added to the pasta.
- Once the noodles are done, pour the sauce over the noodles, stir and you are ready to eat! The sauce will eventually thicken!
Original recipe: https://togetherasfamily.com/cream-cheese-garlic-alfredo-sauce/
Looking for some ways to make extra money or earn gift cards? Check out the list below! Some links may be affiliate related, which earns me a bonus and possibly you as well!
ReceiptPal – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for gift cards
Receipt Hog – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for an Amazon gift card, PayPal payout, or Visa Prepaid card payout. You also can earn points to take surveys from the purchases made, and be rewarded spins when snapping at least one receipt every week! Since 2014, I have redeemed $160 worth of payouts.
iBotta – one of the first apps I used for rewards in 2013. This is a favorite of mine since you learn about so many new products out there… if you are wanting to try that new seasoning, why not get money back as well? Since 2013, I have earned $1,124.59.
Achievement– use a Fitbit or other type of tracker? Check out Achievement. It will count your steps and earn you points, which can be redeemed for an Amazon gift card.
Paidviewpoint – Do you love taking surveys, but not spending too much time doing so? This is a great one to join, if you haven’t already.
Fetch Rewards – Simply scan your receipt and receive points that can earn you amazon gift cards.
Inbox Dollars – Paid to click emails, surveys, money for certain items on receipts, and more!
Crowdtap – Some surveys are super quick to take – get points and redeem for gift cards.
One Comment Add yours