As I was browsing Pinterest one day, my better half pointed this out… so I decided to try it out! I made a modified version of it – original is linked below. I will be using the size down from the burrito style next time. The fajita style soft shells are way too small for this.
- Soft shell tortillas – I used a package of 16 burrito style for this – however, I did NOT use all of them!
- 3-4 cups shredded chicken (I pulled chicken off of a rotisserie chicken to use and got 4 cups)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 packages shredded cheddar cheese and monterey jack and colby cheese
- 1 cup taco sauce – homemade or your favorite store-bought brand
- 1/2 cup salsa – homemade or your favorite store-bought brand
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grab a cookie sheet (large one would most likely be best!) and place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom. Place a small glass bowl in the center.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the soft shells in half. If you are not sure how many you need, try doing 5 at a time – that will give you 10 ‘cones’.
- Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl and add the salsa, taco sauce, and onions. If you want to make less of a mess, add at least 2 cups of cheese in as well. Stir to combine.
- Put 1-2 TBSP of the meat mixture on one of the halved tortillas. It may not seem like a lot in the tortilla, but when these are done and you go to dip them, the mix will start to push out the top.
- Fold one of the corners and start rolling to make a cone. It does not have to be perfect! Place the thin part of the cone under the glass dish. Repeat this until you are out of the mix.
- When you get to the second layer, place shredded cheese on top and then layer the next set. I removed the bowl at this time.
- You can add more cheese at this point, or you can wait until they are about done and add more then. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Use hot pads to remove from oven. These will be hot, so be careful!
In the center you are supposed to put the glass bowl back in place so that they can be dipped that way – however, we had our dip choices (sour cream, salsa, taco sauce) all off to the side. Guacamole would have been another choice if I’d have had better avocadoes. Enjoy!!
This went over really well for dinner as well! It seems like a lot of food when you go to put it in the oven, but they sure don’t last long.
Original recipe: https://princesspinkygirl.com/blooming-quesadilla-ring/
Healthy products that I LOVE to use!
doTERRA – It is so important to use quality essential oils. I am not a wellness advocate anymore, but would be more than happy to put you in touch with a friend who can help with the education!
Crunchi – Safe, clean makeup and face products. By clicking the link, you get $10 with a qualifying order, and I also get $10 Crunchi Cash to use.
Topanga Scents – Looking for a new laundry detergent that smells absolutely amazing and has clean ingredients? I absolutely love this laundry detergent! Try a sampler pack to determine which scents you love the most.
Pomifera – Clean face products to use. The shampoo and conditioner are also amazing! There are deals on shipping every so often and is such a great time to stock up on products when that happens.
Looking for some ways to make extra money or earn gift cards? Check out the list below! Some links may be affiliate related, which earns me a bonus and possibly you as well!
Misfit Market – Get your friends, family, neighbors, coworkers (anyone you like, really) started with $10 off. You’ll earn $10 off a future order for every sign-up.
Paceline – Have you signed up for Paceline yet? It’s an app that gives you real rewards for staying active. Plus, they launched a credit card that gives you cash back on Health & Wellness purchases, like groceries and your gym membership. You can get an Apple watch free (legit!) and Amazon gift cards!
ReceiptPal – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for gift cards
Receipt Hog – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for an Amazon gift card, PayPal payout, or Visa Prepaid card payout. You also can earn points to take surveys from the purchases made, and be rewarded spins when snapping at least one receipt every week! Since 2014, I have redeemed $160 worth of payouts.
iBotta – one of the first apps I used for rewards in 2013. This is a favorite of mine since you learn about so many new products out there… if you are wanting to try that new seasoning, why not get money back as well? Since 2013, I have earned $1,124.59.
Achievement– use a Fitbit or other type of tracker? Check out Achievement. It will count your steps and earn you points, which can be redeemed for an Amazon gift card.
Paidviewpoint – Do you love taking surveys, but not spending too much time doing so? This is a great one to join, if you haven’t already.
Fetch Rewards – Simply scan your receipt and receive points that can earn you amazon gift cards.
Inbox Dollars – Paid to click emails, surveys, money for certain items on receipts, and more!
Crowdtap – Some surveys are super quick to take – get points and redeem for gift cards.
One Comment Add yours