I absolutely love French toast. When I was younger, I’d pile on A LOT of powdered sugar. Nowadays, I’m being more mindful of what I’m eating… the good news is, I can still have French toast – just modified a bit. 🙂 I always make this the night before.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup Erythritol or 1 cup Monk Fruit Sugar
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 12 pieces of bread (if you want this to be healthier, choose a whole grain or whole wheat bread that does not have water as the first ingredient)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon (not pictured)
- Grab a 9×13 glass baking dish and coat the sides and bottom with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter in microwave – I did 1/2 stick, 30 seconds each.
- Place butter in a mixing bowl and add sugar and maple syrup. Stir well to combine.
- Spread butter sugar mixture in the bottom of the 9×13 baking dish and spread evenly.
- Take 6 slices of bread and place on top of the butter sugar mixture.
- Crack each egg, one by one, in the measuring cup and then add to the same bowl you used for the butter sugar mixture – this ensures that there isn’t a bad egg added, or a piece of an eggshell.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon to the eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Pour maybe 3/4 cup over the 6 slices of bread and try your best to get each one covered with the liquid mixture.
- Add the remaining 6 slices on top of the other pieces of bread.
- Pour the remaining egg mixture over the bread and do your best to cover each piece. If you don’t have enough, just add some more milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon on top.
- Cover with saran wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, take the French toast out of the fridge and preheat the oven to 350. Once the oven is preheated, cover the French toast with foil and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake another 15-30 minutes.
- Once the egg mixture looks to be done, your French toast is ready to enjoy! Carefully remove from oven with oven mitts and let cool a couple minutes first.
I topped my piece with some blueberry topping I had made – 1 TBSP cornstarch, 1/4 cup monk fruit sugar, 1/4 cup water, 1 cup blueberries and a splash of lemon juice.
Original recipe: https://flavorite.net/french-toast-bake/
Looking for some ways to make extra money or earn gift cards? Check out the list below! Some links may be affiliate related, which earns me a bonus and possibly you as well!
ReceiptPal – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for gift cards
Receipt Hog – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for an Amazon gift card, PayPal payout, or Visa Prepaid card payout. You also can earn points to take surveys from the purchases made, and be rewarded spins when snapping at least one receipt every week! Since 2014, I have redeemed $160 worth of payouts.
iBotta – one of the first apps I used for rewards in 2013. This is a favorite of mine since you learn about so many new products out there… if you are wanting to try that new seasoning, why not get money back as well? Since 2013, I have earned $1,124.59.
Achievement– use a Fitbit or other type of tracker? Check out Achievement. It will count your steps and earn you points, which can be redeemed for an Amazon gift card.
Paidviewpoint – Do you love taking surveys, but not spending too much time doing so? This is a great one to join, if you haven’t already.
Fetch Rewards – Simply scan your receipt and receive points that can earn you amazon gift cards.
Inbox Dollars – Paid to click emails, surveys, money for certain items on receipts, and more!
Crowdtap – Some surveys are super quick to take – get points and redeem for gift cards.