If you are a fan of venison and love bourbon, this is a great recipe to try!
- Venison steak/roast (ours was maybe 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/2 cup Bourbon (any kind)
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 TBSP chives (optional)
- 1 small onion (optional and not pictured)
- If you want to marinade the venison prior to making these, do that a couple days in advance.
- Mix bourbon, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and red pepper flakes in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut venison into bite sized pieces and place in bowl with the bourbon mixture.
- I let this sit for about 30 minutes before I cooked the venison bites.
- In a skillet on the stove, melt the butter on medium-high heat.
- Add the venison bites and bourbon mixture to the skillet once all the butter is melted.
- Cook uncovered for about 6-7 minutes. I do not care for venison that has blood coming out of it still – however, if you do like this, cook for less time.
- Once done, serve alone or with noodles. Sprinkle chives on top. Enjoy!