I am not one that likes black beans – however, I was looking for recipes with the excess cans I have. With the meat prices going up, I wanted to find another alternative as well. I absolutely love this recipe though and wanted to share!
One part I want to note is that it’s best to have a food processor for this recipe!
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 cup diced onion (red or yellow/white)
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP minced garlic (or 3 garlic cloves)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 TBSP worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP ketchup
- 1 TBSP mustard (I used dijon)
- Strain the black beans and rinse the beans off as much as you can. Dab with a paper towel to remove as much water as you are able to. Dump the black beans into the food processor.
- Add the diced onion, eggs, minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, paprika, bread crumbs, worcestershire sauce, ketchup and mustard in with the black beans and pulse until well mixed. Place in a bowl and place in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Once the hour has passed, if you plan to cook these right away, preheat the oven to 375. If not, line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper and spray.
- If you are making burgers, I used 1/4 cup to make a burger. Use more if you want a thicker burger.
- If you would like to use this mix for more than just burgers, but also meatballs, use a cookie scoop to make the meatballs. This part is not messy at all.
- If you are freezing these, place in the freezer for 2-4 hours and then place in a ziplock bag. This way nothing will stick together. Be sure to label the bag as well!
- If you are baking these, place in the oven once the oven has finished preheating and cook for 20 minutes total, flipping everything over halfway through (10 minutes on each side).
- Once done, remove from oven and enjoy!
Enjoying as a burger!
Recipe inspiration: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/best-black-bean-burgers/
Want to learn more about essential oils and how they can do more for you than just make your house smell good? Let me know – I am a doTERRA Wellness Advocate with Essential Oil Certification and love to educate about the amazing products doTERRA has to offer.
Fill out this form to receive samples! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfo5gJJ3x_VbCnRQ63fglJ17