Recipe straight and to the point… I had a vision of what I wanted to do with the mushrooms and put this together.
- Cheese (any kind)
- Pasta Sauce (I used a full regular sized jar)
- Spinach or Kale (full frozen bag is what I used, after it thawed)
- Anything else that you want to add (Parmesan cheese, bacon, olives, peppers, spaghetti squash noodles to make this into a real dinner)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Take the stems off of the mushrooms and place in a greased 9×13 pan.
- If you bought a block of cheese, use a cheese slicer to make little cheese cubes and place inside the mushroom.
- Pour jar of your favorite pasta sauce into a bowl.
- I used frozen spinach that was thawed out and mixed that in with the pasta.
- I meant to mix the cooked mushrooms that were diced up already into the mix, but forgot, so those were added on top, along with some cheese.
- Depending on the size of the mushrooms, bake for 30-45 minutes uncovered.
I did not have Parmesan cheese, otherwise that would have been sprinkled over this as well. Sometimes I will make these with a garden vegetable cream cheese and spoon the sauce over one, instead of putting everything on top like I did these. If you love sauce though with the mushrooms, this is a great way to do it.