Love peanut butter and jelly? If you also have patience to try making these on your own, here is the recipe! This is a no-bake recipe, but you do have to wait for the first two layers to set (30 minutes each).
- Cooking spray
- Bread pan
Peanut Butter Mix:
- 1 cup water
- 2 envelopes gelatin
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (or make it a cup if you REALLY like peanut butter)
- 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 envelopes gelatin
- 1/2 cup jelly (your favorite flavor!)
- 1/2 cup vodka
- Spray bread loaf pan with cooking spray
- Make the peanut butter mix first. In a small saucepan, add water and both packets of gelatin. Turn on medium heat, but also be sure to stir the mix until the gelatin is dissolved. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter and heavy cream until dissolved. Stir in vodka. Pour into a large measuring cup and set aside. This will not set quickly, but be sure to start making the next layer!
- Use another saucepan or clean the one you just used for the peanut butter mix to make the jelly mixture. Add water and both packets of gelatin. Turn on medium heat, but be sure to stir the gelatin until it is dissolved. This should take about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and whisk in jelly until fully dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in vodka. Skim and discard surface foam by using a small strainer.
- In the bread loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray, add half the peanut butter mixture (it should be about 1-1/3 cup). If it seems like this is pure liquid, it is OK – it will set! Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until slightly firm. I probably sprayed too much cooking spray in the picture below!
- Slowly pour the jelly mix over the peanut butter mix layer and place back in the refrigerator, for 30 minutes more, or until slightly firm.
- Add the remaining peanut butter mixture, then place in the refrigerator to firm up completely. This could take 1 or 2 hours more.
- Turn the loaf pan onto a cutting board and cut into pieces that you see fit.
Original Recipe: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a20979315/pbj-jell-o-shots-recipe/