I was thinking this would be more of a snack, but ended up turning out to be part of dinner. Lessons learned: don’t forget minced garlic and place tomatoes closer to the edge… and maybe don’t cook as long. 🙂
- 1 package of crescent rolls
- 2-3 tomatoes cut thin and dried with paper towel (if using a juicier tomato)
- 7-8 fresh basil leaves (if you like basil, use 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup mayo (I used light)
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a baking sheet.
- Dice basil leaves. If you love basil, use more. The original recipe called for 1/4 cup.
- Mix mayo, parmesan cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, basil, and minced garlic.
- Lay crescent rolls out on greased baking sheet. I rolled mine out a bit and creased the seams.
5. Add 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese (or more if you prefer)
6. Lay thinly sliced tomatoes on top of cheese.
7. Spread mayo, cheese and basil mix on top of tomatoes.
8. Once oven is pre-heated, put in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is dark around the edges.
Once you have taken it out of the oven, cut with a pizza cutter and enjoy (once cooled). 🙂
Original recipe: https://www.thekitchenismyplayground.com/2015/07/crescent-roll-tomato-basil-squares.html