If you love blueberries and love french toast, this is a great recipe to try – especially since it is healthy!
- 6 cups cubed whole grain/whole wheat bread – if water is the first ingredient, keep in mind that it is not true whole grain/whole wheat!
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Cube the bread up and place in a 9×13 greased baking dish.
- Add the eggs, almond milk, honey, extracts, and cinnamon all in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread – make sure each piece has been soaked. I used a spatula to mix it all around. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Once oven is preheated, add the blueberries on top. The blueberries we had, had stems on them still, so I did make sure to remove those first before using.
- Cook for 45 minutes, or until the liquid is no longer there.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy! I did drizzle some Mrs. Buttersworth syrup on the top (I know, not so healthy), but if you have maple syrup or want to add any other toppings, go for it!
Original Recipe: http://www.adventuresofashrinkingprincess.com/recipes/healthy-blueberry-french-toast-casserole-21-day-fix-approved/
Looking for some ways to make extra money or earn gift cards? Check out the list below! Some links may be affiliate related, which earns me a bonus and possibly you as well!
ReceiptPal – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for gift cards
Receipt Hog – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for an Amazon gift card, PayPal payout, or Visa Prepaid card payout. You also can earn points to take surveys from the purchases made, and be rewarded spins when snapping at least one receipt every week! Since 2014, I have redeemed $160 worth of payouts.
iBotta – one of the first apps I used for rewards in 2013. This is a favorite of mine since you learn about so many new products out there… if you are wanting to try that new seasoning, why not get money back as well? Since 2013, I have earned $1,124.59.
Achievement– use a Fitbit or other type of tracker? Check out Achievement. It will count your steps and earn you points, which can be redeemed for an Amazon gift card.
Paidviewpoint – Do you love taking surveys, but not spending too much time doing so? This is a great one to join, if you haven’t already.
Fetch Rewards – Simply scan your receipt and receive points that can earn you amazon gift cards.
Inbox Dollars – Paid to click emails, surveys, money for certain items on receipts, and more!
Crowdtap – Some surveys are super quick to take – get points and redeem for gift cards.