With trying to eat healthier breakfasts, I decided to make an egg and vegetable casserole. This recipe inspiration came from a couple different recipes. Grab any other vegetables that you’d like! I would have added mushrooms if we had some at the house.
You’ll need a 2 quart baking dish for this.
Time to cook in oven: ~45 minutes
- 1 bag frozen spinach
- Sweet peppers (I used about a half bag of the little ones you get at the store)
- 1 small onion, diced
- Tomatoes, diced – you can use cherry tomatoes or any other type of tomatoes. I put about a half cup in this recipe.
- Red pepper flakes (add as many as you would like – I did a sprinkle)
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 2 quart baking dish.
- Cook spinach in microwave – I put this bag in there for about 4 minutes. Once done, drain as much water out of the spinach as possible, and then place in the baking dish.
- Add your vegetables and spices – peppers, onions, tomatoes, and any others you want to add, then add the red pepper flakes, minced garlic, garlic salt, basil, oregano. Stir to combine well.
- Crack each egg into a separate bowl and as long as there are no shells or the egg is bad, add into a bigger bowl.
- Add the almond milk and heavy whipping cream into the eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture over the vegetables in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top and place uncovered in the oven once it is preheated.
- I kept this in the oven until the top was golden brown. I did take a hot pad and jiggled the dish a couple times and if I saw liquid, I left it in there about 5 minutes longer and checked it again. I took a fork to check to make sure it was done.
- Once done, remove from oven with hot pads and sprinkle more parmesan cheese on top if you’d like. Let cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy!
Looking for some ways to make extra money or earn gift cards? Check out the list below! Some links may be affiliate related, which earns me a bonus and possibly you as well!
ReceiptPal – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for gift cards
Receipt Hog – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for an Amazon gift card, PayPal payout, or Visa Prepaid card payout. You also can earn points to take surveys from the purchases made, and be rewarded spins when snapping at least one receipt every week! Since 2014, I have redeemed $160 worth of payouts.
iBotta – one of the first apps I used for rewards in 2013. This is a favorite of mine since you learn about so many new products out there… if you are wanting to try that new seasoning, why not get money back as well? Since 2013, I have earned $1,124.59.
Achievement– use a Fitbit or other type of tracker? Check out Achievement. It will count your steps and earn you points, which can be redeemed for an Amazon gift card.
Paidviewpoint – Do you love taking surveys, but not spending too much time doing so? This is a great one to join, if you haven’t already.
Fetch Rewards – Simply scan your receipt and receive points that can earn you amazon gift cards.
Inbox Dollars – Paid to click emails, surveys, money for certain items on receipts, and more!
Crowdtap – Some surveys are super quick to take – get points and redeem for gift cards.