I love mac & cheese – however, I am not a fan of all the calories. I was looking more so for a higher protein style to make, which the original recipe will be at the bottom since I did modify this one a little. Next time, I’ll most likely boil the full box and add a bit more cheese and yogurt.
- 2 cups of dry pasta – I used the Banza chickpea pasta because of how much more protein and fiber it has.
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (or add more if you’d like!)
- 1 tsp yellow mustard (or less if you don’t prefer mustard – you can also use dry mustard powder)
- Boil a pot of water for the pasta. Once boiling, add pasta and continue to stir and cook until it is ready.
- While the pasta is cooking, shred the cheddar cheese.
- Once pasta is ready, put 3/4 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain noodles, but you do not need to rinse them.
- Add hot pasta back into the pot and add the cheese. It may be best to use a spatula for this, so that the noodles don’t all break apart.
- Add the pasta water – I dumped the full 1/2 cup in all at once to help get the cheese to melt.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt, salt, paprika, red pepper flakes and mustard.
Original recipe: https://www.runninginaskirt.com/greek-yogurt-mac-and-cheese/#recipe
Looking for some ways to make extra money or earn gift cards? Check out the list below! Some links may be affiliate related, which earns me a bonus and possibly you as well!
ReceiptPal – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for gift cards
Receipt Hog – simply take pictures of your receipts and earn points for an Amazon gift card, PayPal payout, or Visa Prepaid card payout. You also can earn points to take surveys from the purchases made, and be rewarded spins when snapping at least one receipt every week! Since 2014, I have redeemed $160 worth of payouts.
iBotta – one of the first apps I used for rewards in 2013. This is a favorite of mine since you learn about so many new products out there… if you are wanting to try that new seasoning, why not get money back as well? Since 2013, I have earned $1,124.59.
Achievement– use a Fitbit or other type of tracker? Check out Achievement. It will count your steps and earn you points, which can be redeemed for an Amazon gift card.
Paidviewpoint – Do you love taking surveys, but not spending too much time doing so? This is a great one to join, if you haven’t already.
Fetch Rewards – Simply scan your receipt and receive points that can earn you amazon gift cards.
Inbox Dollars – Paid to click emails, surveys, money for certain items on receipts, and more!
Crowdtap – Some surveys are super quick to take – get points and redeem for gift cards.