Some may think this is a weird combination, but if you love macaroni and cheese, bbq sauce and meatloaf, especially as one meal, give this one a try! For a more low-carb option, instead of pasta use cauliflower.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbeque sauce – I used honey barbeque
- 30 Ritz Crackers
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 package 2 oz Lipton onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups macaroni noodles
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can – 10.5 oz condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Any other seasonings you’d like to add
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and make sure it is greased – set aside. If you have a large cookie sheet to place under this, go ahead and get that ready, too.
- Add ketchup and bbq sauce into a bowl and stir until well combined. Set 1/2 cup aside – you’ll use the rest later.
- Since the ritz crackers are rather easy to crumble, you can easily do this with your hands – however, you can also place them in a ziploc bag, close and crush with a rolling pin.
- In a large bowl, add the beef, crumbled ritz crackers, chopped onion, onion soup mix, and 2 eggs. If you’d like to add any other seasonings like minced garlic, garlic salt, etc, feel free to add that as well. Add 1/2 cup of the ketchup/bbq mix.
- If you have a standing mixer, a paddle can be used to mix this up. Otherwise, mix with your hands until well combined.
- Place the meat mixture into the greased baking dish and press the meat together so it doesn’t fall apart very easily. I do this by turning it over into a ball until I don’t see many cracks. I’ll then spread the mixture out evenly in the dish.
- Place in the oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, start the macaroni and cheese.
- Boil the noodles according to the package.
- Pour the cheddar cheese soup and milk into a separate large bowl and mix until there are no lumps.
- Add the garlic powder and onion powder to the milk mixture, along with any other seasonings, and mix well again.
- Once the noodles are done, drain and then add to the milk mixture and stir until well combined. Do not put this back on the hot stove.
- Add 2 cups of the shredded cheese to the macaroni and stir again.
- Check the meatloaf in the oven and carefully drain as much grease as you can off of the meatloaf.
- As you can see, mine shrunk a bit but it’s ok! I then added the rest of the ketchup/bbq sauce mix and spread over the top of the meatloaf.
- I placed this back in the oven for about 10 minutes to warm up the sauce and this allowed the meatloaf to cook a bit more.
- When you take the meatloaf out of the oven this next time, be sure to put that large cookie sheet under it – just in case any cheese melts off the side, or any extra grease comes up and over.
- Add the mac and cheese to the top of the meatloaf and spread evenly over the top.
- The remainder 2 cups of cheese, add to the top and place back in the oven carefully. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Once the cheese is starting to get brown, remove from the oven carefully and let sit a couple minutes. Enjoy!
Original recipe: https://www.thisisnotdietfood.com/mac-and-cheese-meatloaf-casserole/