Make these ahead of time for a quick pizza fix (and to save time), or make just one and skip the freezing part.
- Wheat Pita Bread
- Pasta sauce (you pick!)
- Any toppings you’d like (pepperoni, banana pepper rings, onions, etc.)
- Take a cookie sheet and line with wax or parchment paper. Place wheat pita bread on the paper.
- Take note of the serving size of the pasta sauce. I found by putting 1/4 cup of pasta sauce on the bread was enough for me. If it’s 1/2 cup for the serving, that’s half the calories if you use 1/4 cup. Like meat? Use Italian Sausage and Garlic sauce by Prego… skip the pepperoni to save on calories. Not worry about those? Add Pepperoni. 🙂 Spread sauce on bread.
- Add toppings. In my picture, I have pepperoni and banana peppers.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Freeze overnight. Don’t want to freeze them? Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds (more or less depending on your microwave).
- The next morning, put pizzas in a ziploc bag. I put mine in gallon freezer bags so it would hold 3 pizzas.
- Ready to eat one? No need to thaw. Put 1 in microwave for 2 minutes, 30 seconds. Please note that there will probably be condensation on the plate. Take a paper towel on the bottom to dab the water up so it doesn’t make the bread soggy. The first time I ate one, I did not cut it… the following ones I did because it makes it easier to eat.
- I shouldn’t have to say this, but will.. be careful, it will be hot when you are done heating it up in the microwave.
This recipe is inspired by one in the Real Appeal recipe book. Have United Healthcare for your insurance? Check it out and see if Real Appeal is included in your plan. If it is, this is a program worth signing up for.