Do you love sweet peppers and want a recipe to make with those? This is a great low carb recipe – next time I make it, I’ll add spaghetti squash to the bottom. I will also cook the peppers a bit before piling the other ingredients on, so any water can drain from those first.
- 2 sweet peppers (the big ones – I had two yellow ones)
- 1/4 cup dry ranch dressing
- 1 pound turkey burger (browned)
- 1 small can of mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion diced
- Banana peppers
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce (or more/less)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Wash off the peppers and cut in bite size pieces – you choose the size you want to cut them.
- This is the part that I should have cooked these peppers for about 15 minutes first and then drain off the excess water.
- Sprinkle the dry ranch seasoning over the peppers. If you love ranch, use more than 1/4 cup.
- Brown the turkey burger and add in the red onions and mushrooms. Once done, drain the grease and pour over the sweet peppers.
- Add banana peppers on top of meet mixture.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the top – feel free to add more if you want. I ony added a cup because that is what we had left in the fridge. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake covered with foil for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
- When I cooked mine, I had prepared it a couple days in advance, so if you do the same, cook times may be longer.
- Add cheese and put back into oven until melted.
- Check the temperature – as long as it is at least 140, take out and enjoy!
There is no original recipe that I pulled this from – we had items in the fridge that needed to be used. This could be something to add on top of tortilla chips, or even add to a low-carb tortilla!
Did you know you can cook with certain essential oils? Always check the label first! Fill out this form to learn more about essential oils – click here!