I was asked last night if we could do hamburger helper. Since I am trying to limit the amount of processed foods, there was none of that in our pantry… so I found a recipe that I modified a bit to make our own. Original recipe is at the bottom. Enjoy!
- 1 lb burger
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 TBSP tomato paste (heaping)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp sweet basil
- 2 shakes of worcestershire sauce
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup noodles uncooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, brown the burger by chopping up the meat with the diced onions and minced garlic. Once done, drain the grease and put back into pot.
- Add the tomato paste, chili powder, garlic salt, cumin, crushed red pepper, sweet basil and worcestershire sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Add the beef broth and bring to a boil. I put this on medium-high heat (if your stove has numbers, I put it on 5 1/2).
- Once boiling, add the noodles.
- Stir frequently so that the noodles do not burn to the bottom of the pot. You do not need to cover this.
- When the liquid is about all absorbed, taste test a noodle or two to see if it is done. Ours was done in about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the burner (and turn off!), then add the cheese. Stir to combine and you are ready to eat! Add parsley for garnish if you would like.
Original recipe: https://www.saltandlavender.com/homemade-hamburger-helper-recipe/
Want to learn more about essential oils and how they can do more for you than just make your house smell good? Let me know – I am a doTERRA Wellness Advocate with Essential Oil Certification and love to educate about the amazing products doTERRA has to offer.
Fill out this form to receive samples! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfo5gJJ3x_VbCnRQ63fglJ17