Looking for a new low-carb crust option? This is a great one to give a try!
Ingredients for Crust:
- 1 spaghetti squash (original recipe calls for 4 cups but you can get by with more/less than that)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Garlic salt (optional)
- Tajin seasoning (optional)
Ingredients for Pasta Sauce:
- 2-15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2-6oz. can tomato paste
- 4 tsp sugar (or a splash of white wine)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 TBSP Basil (or 2 drops of doTERRA basil oil)
- 2 TBSP Oregano (or 2 drops of doTERRA oregano oil)
- 1 TBSP Garlic Salt
- *Optional* 2 drops Italian oil (from doTERRA)
- Preheat oven to 400 F or if you have a pizzaz, you can use that, too (no preheating required there!)
- If you have not prepared the spaghetti squash yet, do so now. I will punch holes with a fork throughout the squash and then place in a microwave-safe bowl with a little water in the bottom and microwave for about 5 minutes. I will then take out and cut in half with a knife. I’ll then put each half back into the microwave for about 8 minutes – you may need to do this longer depending how big the spaghetti squash is.
- Make sure to get as much water out of the cooked spaghetti squash as you can.
- Place in a bowl and add the egg, parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic salt, tajin and any other seasonings that you’d like to add in. Mix together.
- Place crust either on parchment paper if you are placing in the oven, or directly onto the pizzaz, as I did. You can make the crust as thick or thin as you want it.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is dry and the edges begin to brown. Remove from the oven, or if you are using a pizzaz, stop the cooking time and remove the pan with hot pads for the time being. While this is cooking, you can make the pasta sauce.
- In a bowl, add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, minced garlic, garlic salt, oregano, basil, italian seasoning (or a drop of the italian oil), and sugar. If you want to cook this beforehand, that is fine – however, it is not necessary.
- Once the crust is ready, add as much sauce as you want, as well as the toppings and cheese.
- Place back into the oven or pizzaz for 8-10 minutes.
- Once done, cut into slices, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
The crust recipe was from Beachbody’s 2B Mindset, but I did make a few modifications to it. The pasta sauce is one I came up with on my own.
Want to learn more about essential oils and how they can do more for you than just make your house smell good? Let me know – I am a doTERRA Wellness Advocate with Essential Oil Certification and love to educate about the amazing products doTERRA has to offer.
Fill out this form to receive samples! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfo5gJJ3x_VbCnRQ63fglJ17HtDXabRIRasnvxdzhOxOIeGCg/viewform