If you are looking for a great meal that incorporates taco meat, this is one to give a try. It is very light and fluffy!
Taco Pie –
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (not pictured)
- 3 TBSP taco seasoning (recipe below)
Taco Seasoning – keep in mind that not all of the below goes into the taco meat!
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- Combine all spices into a small bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit and grease a 9-inch glass or ceramic deep dish pie pan.
Brown the ground beef with the small onion diced in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Break up any clumps with a wooden spoon. Add the taco seasoning and stir until combined. Spread the beef mixture in the greased pie pan.
3. In a large bowl, add the eggs, heavy whipping cream and garlic.
4. Slowly pour over the meat mixture – no need to stir in with the meat! Add cheese on top.
5. Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes. Once the center is set and the cheese is brown, this is done.
6. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Cut like a pizza – down the middle, turn, and cut down the middle again , then cut even pieces on both sides for a total of 8 slices.
Serve with guacamole, fresh tomatoes, taco sauce, sour cream, etc. Enjoy!
Want to learn more about essential oils and how they can do more for you than just make your house smell good? Let me know – I am a doTERRA Wellness Advocate with Essential Oil Certification and love to educate about the amazing products doTERRA has to offer.
Fill out this form to receive samples! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfo5gJJ3x_VbCnRQ63fglJ17HtDXabRIRasnvxdzhOxOIeGCg/viewform